..."beaded art through the eyes of the beholder".

Friday, February 21, 2014

What's on my Beading Board Today?


So, I picked out the beads for my customer's necklace. She had sent me a gorgeous bead and mentioned that she'd had it for a few years, having not found a right-fit with a designer. After a journey through my Etsy shop, (beadazzledoforegon.etsy.com), she contacted me and we started working on a dialog about what she envisioned this piece needed. Thank you for choosing beadazzledoforegon.com, Deb!

While walking from my studio to the family room with my beading tray I managed to successfully trip over one of our Shih Tzus ~ the mix up of the beads wasn't the worst disaster I'd ever had for sure, but the ones that hit the tile floor went in a thousand directions!

 
 
 
It's a fabulous 2-sided gem!
 


So the challenge is to freeform bead in such a way as to leave the bead able to swivel from one side to the other - what fun! It will also be adjustable from 20-26". Using rich browns and tans, a bit of white and silver, with a pop of teal and royals, I have a feeling it's going to be a handsome addition to her jewelry box! I will post the final piece right here so stay tuned....
------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

No comments: